Complete this round 3 times.
DB Goblet Squat In Lunge
Complete 8 repetitions
The dumbbell goblet squat in lunge is an excellent unilateral squatting variation, especially for beginners just learning the lunge position.
Benefits of DB Goblet Squat In Lunge
The main benefit of the dumbbell goblet squat in lunge is the strength gained in the uni-lateral movement pattern / the legs. It can also promote hip and knee stability.
How To Do DB Goblet Squat In Lunge
- Start in a stable top of lunge position with the feet hip width apart and the weight at the chest.
- Move the back knee towards the floor with control, gently touching the floor with the knee.
- Keep a fixed torso angle throughout.
- Use predominantly the front leg to come back to the starting position.
Coaching Tips For DB Goblet Squat In Lunge
Follow these cues to perform DB Goblet Squat In Lunge correctly:
- Keep front knee fixed over the ankle, torso slightly forward but stays fixed
- Create a wide stance to make balance easier
- Gently touch the knee to the floor and lift yourself with the front leg.
DB Crush Grip Floor Press
Complete 18 repetitions
The dumbbell crush grip floor press is a great horizontal press variation if you only have access to an equipment stack with just single dumbbells.
Benefits of DB Crush Grip Floor Press
The main benefit of the dumbbell crush grip floor press is its ability to build strength and endurance in the chest / horizontal press movement pattern.
How To Do DB Crush Grip Floor Press
- Lye flat on the floor with the feet securely planted on the floor.
- With the heads of the dumbbell securely placed in both hands, press the dumbbell upward so that the hands are inline with the shoulders.
- Lock the elbows at the top of the repetition.
- Return to the starting position with control.
Coaching Tips For DB Crush Grip Floor Press
Follow these cues to perform DB Crush Grip Floor Press correctly:
- Ensure you have a good grip on the heads of the DB
- Lower your elbows and gentle touch them to the floor
- Move with control.
Prisoner Spinal Wave
Complete 4 repetitions
Coaching Tips For Prisoner Spinal Wave
Follow these cues to perform Prisoner Spinal Wave correctly:
- Find fluidity of movement
- Move slow or fast, change speed throughout reps
- Change depth throughout reps.
Double DB Farmers March
Complete 16 repetitions
Coaching Tips For Double DB Farmers March
Follow these cues to perform Double DB Farmers March correctly:
- Slowly transition from one foot to the next
- Keep a slight bend in the arms while holding the DB's
- Lift the knees to at least hip height.
If you enjoyed this workout you can find more below or try Programme, a fitness app that plans every workout for you – based on your progress, equipment and lifestyle.
This workout was made by Sean Klein